For all your book nerd friends! (Or yourself…)
No one wants the holidays to mean stress! Deciding what to buy, where to buy it, or how much to spend on gifts shouldn’t put a damper on your holiday cheer. That’s why we made an affordable gift guide! It’s helpful for several reasons. It can help you get your bookish friends covered OR you can use this list to send to that aunt who keeps asking you what you want for Christmas. OR you can just read it over and lust over fun, bookish things. (And we will just pretend that isn’t something we do all year round.) Happy Shopping!
1. This adorable mug from Society6:
For only $10! And who doesn’t love owls?
2. Well, pretty much everything from artist Evie Seo on Society6…
She has beautiful prints for Clockwork Angel, Dorian Gray, A Court of Thorns and Roses, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, Six of Crows, and more! Better yet, you can make any of the prints into a multitude of items: shirts, pencil pouches, pillows, mugs, totes, phone cases, etc.!
3. These Litographs scarves are customizable and super cozy. (The perfect non-itchy infinity scarf, IMHO.) You can pick the book and the color to fit whoever you’re gifting to!
The above is for our favorite redhead orphan, Anne of Green Gables.
4. For your family and friends who have a Christmas Tree, these Homemade Ornaments from Etsy are perfect:
Or, if you have time, just order some Glass Ball Ornaments from Amazon and make your own by twirling recycled book pages around a pencil!
5. Etsy has a lot of cute book-inspired candles, like this $11 Parabatai candle:
6. You can’t go wrong with some Out of Print Socks!
Pictured above are Edgar Allen Poe-ka Dots for $10!
7. And how adorable are these earrings?
Only #13.50 and FREE shipping!
8. Jane Austen Postcards for the Classics fans:
We most ardently believe these are a steal at $8 a set.
9. These adorable bookmarks:
Because who doesn’t want it to look like a tiny person is stuck in their book?
“Lone splendor hung aloft in the night.” – John Keats.
11. Who wouldn’t love some Literary Tea?
The “Beatrix Potter” Blend sounds absolutely delicious for under 5 bucks!
If bagged tea is more your thing, check these out.
12. This Etsy Shop has book page brooches:
What a radiant pig, for just under $13!
14. How awesome are these Harry Potter Wrapped Pencils?
$10 for a set of 5! The pictured set seems to be largely about Luna, which is perfect if you want to channel your inner Ravenclaw.
16. ICYMI, Tim Federle (author of The Great American Whatever, one of our faves) also wrote Tequila Mockingbird, a book of literary-themed cocktails for your over-21 friend. And you can now get a Tequila Mockingbird Kit:
Only $9.95, and you can always buy some ingredients to go with it to get your cocktail-loving friend started!
17. Did you know there is a whole website dedicated to those books that you open up and can store things inside?
This may seem sacrilegious to some bibliophiles, but they actually make them from repurposed books from landfills!
18. This adorable enamel pin set makes a good stocking stuffer:
Enamel pins seem to be taking the internet by storm, so this is the perfect way to fit in with the trend but stay bookish!
19. Punk Rock Authors Coasters is the present everyone never knew they needed:
Jane Austen with eyeliner is kind of awesome, TBH.
20. For the nap-loving friend: Bookish Pillows!
Fall asleep this holiday season on Alice In Wonderland, Treasure Island, or Sherlock Holmes!
21. And this Etsy store makes beautiful book cover art on Antique Encyclopedia Pages:
Pictured above: Me Before You. And this artist doesn’t discriminate– you can get everything from Wuthering Heights to Gone Girl! For every kind of book lover out there, we got you covered.