Getting ink’d isn’t for everyone but if you’re like me, you’re constantly imagining creative ways to make your favorite books are part of you forever. Whether it’s a quote, an image, or even an abstract interpretation, all of the tattoos below have me dripping with envy and running to my local tattoo artist.
1. Shadowhunter Rune
Show off your inner Shadowhunter with a rune from Cassandra Clare’s Infernal Devices series!
2. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
The older I get, the more I tell myself that I will actually never grow up.
3. General Bookish Love
Sometimes simplicity is key. This one says it all.
4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
5. Matilda by Roald Dahl
This is so adorable and such a classic.
6. Edgar Allen Poe
Wonderfully creepy and detailed. A perfect homage to the Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.
7. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
8. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I know, I know. Two Harry Potter posts in one list but c’mon! Look at the use of negative space and the water colors and script!
9. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Loving this creative quote and spade from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll!
10. Hug O’War by Shel Silverstein
11. Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
Calvin and Hobbes are just the cutest!
12. The Red Wheelbarrow by William Carlos Williams
13. Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
I have a love/hate relationship with this book but this tattoo is DEFINITELY love!!
14. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
15. A Bookworm’s Brain
This is basically exactly how my brain works.
16. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
Loving the detail and literal interpretation of Haruki Murakami’s Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
17. Where’s Waldo by Martin Handford
Peek-a-boo! Love this hidden little Waldo!
18. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Wedding Bands
OMG SOOOOO ROMANTICCCCCCCC
19. Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy by
Cracks me up everytime – the poor whale!
20. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes