As a child I owned approximately 900 different notebooks. Every single time my mother took me to the bookstore, she’d try to talk me out of buying a new notebook — I had so many at home at I hadn’t filled (I was a terrible diarist), and I mostly wrote on the family computer in poorly labeled Word documents — but she rarely succeeded. The book collection at my childhood home is still filled with half-started diaries and rough drafts of the first quarter of novels and really terrible song lyrics.
I have gotten slightly better as an adult, reigning in my unbridled desire to always own the newest and shiniest and fanciest notebook. But every time I’m in a bookstore I’m still tempted by those little alluring books, just begging to be filled with my extremely bad handwriting. For those of you who, like me, can’t resist a good notebook — or those of you who are in the market for a new one because you’ve filled your old one up — I’ve rounded up some of my absolute favorites from the web. Check them out, and let me know your favorite ones in the comments below!
- This lovely constellation cover for those who love to stargaze
2. Or this more detailed star chart for someone who always knows when Mercury is in retrograde
3. This travel notebook for someone with wanderlust (or someone who just loves Lord of the Rings)
4. A floppy-disk notebook for all the real 90s kids out there
5. Or a Game Boy notebook for those of you who were more into handheld than PC
6. This sweet treat for fans of The Grand Budapest Hotel
7. If you prefer your movies darker, how about a Handbook for the Recently Deceased for all you Bettlejuice lovers out there?
8. Any of these notebooks made from vintage books (my personal favorite is Nancy Drew!)
9. Or a Wonka Bar for someone with a sweet tooth?
10. This retro Wonder Woman notebook is perfect for those of you waiting anxiously for the DVD
11. You can take notes for your NEWTS in either of these Harry Potter House sets
12. Or you can manage some mischief with this Marauder’s Map
13. This Cthulhu notebook offers advice in the margins (although maybe you should be careful listening to an Eldritch Abomination)
14. Keep your alchemist notes in this vintage science experiment notebook
15. Unleash your inner wild thing with this animal notebook
16. This gem notebook will shine bright on your shelf
17. And you can put all your best craft ideas in this embroidery inspired rose book
18. Here’s a bubble-tea notebook for all you boba addicts
19. Unleash your inner-child in this Winnie-the-Pooh inspired book . . .
20. Or this sweet Snoopy one!
21. Let your colors shine through with this bright pop-art notebook
22. For those of you who like to keep it classy, there’s this marble-bound beauty
23. This succulent wood journal is great for the nature lovers
24. And so is this lovely floral one
25. Finally, grab these two to inspire yourself to finish up that To Do list you’ve been meaning to get to!