I just need to take a minute to make sure we’re all on the same page about something. Younger is the #1 guilty pleasure show on TV, right? Season 3 just came out, and I’ll admit that I’m a little behind. But I’m on the bandwagon now and that’s what counts!
If you aren’t already aware of this glorious show, let me go ahead and give you the best news you’ll receive in 2017: Hilary Duff is back on TV in her best role since Lizzy McGuire (in my totally objective opinion).
Following her divorce, Sutton Foster (who co-stars with Duff) decides to re-enter the publishing industry. But she soon discovers breaking back into publishing could possibly be even more difficult than it was to break in in the first place.
What’s a 40-year-old divorcee to do? Pretend to be 26, apparently, and take a job as an editorial assistant at a fictionalized version of a Big Five publisher. Seems logical enough to me, and I am totally in.
The season four premiere aired this week on TV Land, and in honor of the long awaited fourth season, here are 40 thoughts I had while watching the pilot episode.
Have you watched it yet? Let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Oh, a show about publishing. I work in publishing! That’s pretty cool. I’ll check it out when I have time.
2. WAIT HILARY DUFF IS IN THIS??
5. Okay, so after our opening New York City skyline montage, we’ve got Sutton Foster in an interview.
10. Wait, why is her daughter studying abroad in India wearing a bindi? Is she just SO CULTURED? Is it to remind us she’s far away? This feels weird.
11. We all moved to Brooklyn because we couldn’t afford Manhattan, Maggie. And none of us can afford Brooklyn anymore, either.
14. So, the biggest fantasy of this show thus far is being able to go out to a crowded bar and actually be able to hear each other.
15. And the lies start pouring out, Liza.
36. Oh, yay! Hilary does seem to be a BFF. She took Liza’s uninvited criticism of her boyfriend well, and still wants to help her do her makeup. I may just make it out of this episode a believer.
40. OMG I need to binge the rest of this immediately.