Samantha Kemi comes from a long line of skilled alchemists, gifted in concocting potions together to cure all sorts of ailments. In The Potion Diaries, Sam finds herself racing to find a list of obscure items (everything from merpearls to pink jasmine) in order to create a cure for Princess Evelyn, who has accidentally fallen in love with herself thanks to a love potion gone wrong. The stakes are especially high for Sam since synths have become more popular than traditionally made potions, as we’re in the 21st century. Sam winning could save her family’s gift for alchemy from going extinct and subsequently the family business.
Though Riveted is not hosting a Wilde Hunt to find a love potion cure, we’ve put together a scavenger hunt that should similarly leave you ready for bookish adventures and enchanted by the stories out there.
Let us know in the comments and share your pictures on twitter/instagram (tag #PotionDiariesHunt) of what you’ve found!
- A book with no words
- A book published the year you were born
- A book written by an author who shares your initials
- A literary location
- A book with a character who has your name
- A book with a sword on the cover
- A book containing a unicorn
- A book with an island setting
- A book where the protagonist has a younger sister named Molly
- A book written in multiple points of view
- The third book in a series that mentions a character’s cat
- A book that’s been translated
- A banned book with witchcraft
- A book in the 700 section
- A book with unconventional formatting
- BONUS: A book with a scavenger hunt, and then do the scavenger hunt!
May the odds be ever in your favor.