So you’ve probably heard already that as of last week, Cassandra Clare’s beloved City of Bones is ten years old, right? And you’ve probably seen that we’re currently featuring it as a free read here on Riveted until April 10, right?
What you may NOT have known though is……there is a super special 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION coming out this fall!
That’s right, the deluxe hardcover 10th Anniversary Edition of City of Bones will be hitting bookstores everywhere on November 7 and it’s going to be glorious! Now, we don’t know what it will look like just yet since the cover hasn’t been revealed (stay tuned, though—the second it’s out there, we’ll let you know!) but we DO have a good idea of what it’s going to include! Some of these details could very well change between now and when the book comes out, but here’s what we know so far:
- It will feature new cover art! (We have no idea what it’s going to look like but we’re hoping for something elegant and old school like a book right out of the Shadowhunter library!)
- It will have gilded edges! (You KNOW a book is deluxe when it has gold edges!)
- It will include over THIRTY black & white interior illustrations throughout! (We vote for more Malec art!!)
- It will include SIX new full-page color portraits of our favorite characters! (Who wouldn’t want new eye candy?!)
- It will include FOUR bonus stories (These will probably be the various bonus stories Cassandra Clare has written in the past for other special editions but we’re looking forward to having them all together in one convenient place!)
- It will include NEW CONTENT written by Cassandra Clare (We can only daydream about the possibilities: Will it be letter to fans? Will it be a secret Shadowhunter recipe? Will Cassandra do what she does best and come up with something completely new and mind-blowing that we couldn’t even guess right now?)
Between the original hardcover, the paperback, the movie tie-in edition, and the NEW paperback, most of us here at Riveted already proudly display several copies of City of Bones on our shelves, but that does NOTHING to diminish our excitement over acquiring this new version! If you’re in the same boat, you can already pre-order this new edition from a few retailers, you’ll find those links here!
Until then, please join us in re-reading the Mortal Instruments series, coloring in our Mortal instruments coloring book, and daydreaming about the Shadowhunter world. Because we’re definitely not obsessed.